-=PCTechTalk=- Fw: Re: outlook express question

  • From: "Tech Rose - LoveBytes" <TechRose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 10:49:29 -0800

Christine,
I sort of cheated here.  This is a copy and paste of the Help file in OE.

You want to pay special attention to the NOTES part.  This is where it shows
you how to use different signatures for different accounts.
I figured it was easier to do this copy and paste than to try to rewrite the
instructions.
OE help, in my humble opinion, is usually pretty clear and easy to follow.
I KNOW this is not always the case in help files.
Enjoy!
Rose
Las Vegas

To add a signature to outgoing messages

  1.. On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Signatures tab.
  2.. To create a signature, click New and then either enter text in the
Edit Signature box or click File, and then find the text or HTML file you'd
like to use.
  3.. Select the Add signatures to all outgoing messages check box.
 Notes

  a.. To use different signatures for different accounts, in the Signatures
area, select the signature, click Advanced, and then select the account you
want to use the signature with.
  b.. To use a signature on individual messages only, make sure to clear Add
signatures to all outgoing messages. When you compose the message, on the
Insert menu, point to Signatures, and then click the signature you want to
use.