-=PCTechTalk=- Fw: Re: Windows failed to start

  • From: "Patti or Ken" <patken@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 16:44:33 +1200

Gman
A bit more information for you, some of it repeated, but it's all in one
place.

You ask
>>    Ok, when you press the 'Any' key, does it appear as though the system
>> is
>> trying to boot to the disk or does it seem like it's simply ignoring your
>> key press and going straight to Windows on the hard drive?

When I press the "any" key it does seem to ignore the disc as there is no
"activity" in the disc drive. It then goes straight to the windows failed to
start screen.( I tried both the OEM disc and the recovery one I burned to
disc)

This message is also on this screen
File: /windows/System 32/windload.exe  (the/ is a backslash which isn't on
my laptop!!
Start: OxcOOOOOOf
The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or
corrupt.

(windload being the application I presume?)

I then have to turn of the computer with the off switch.

You also say
>>    The file you have tells me the chipset that controls the mainboard,
>> but
>> not enough to figure out which BIOS it uses.  For that, I'll need the
>> make/model of the mainboard itself.

I can't find out the make/model of the motherboard until I contact SIL next,
but in the meanwhile will this help?
It is on the first screen that comes up when I turned on the computer.

Award Modular BIOS V6 .00pg, an Energy Star Ally.
M61SME-S2 F4

 That's it for today
Hope you sleep better tonight, will send you over some of our Winter weather
and rain :-)

Patti