-=PCTechTalk=- Finding disk space

  • From: "ds" <dschilling@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 03:11:25 -0500

This is an old problem, which I had to put aside until now. I had a 60
Gb hard drive put on an older computer (circa 1998) by the PC hardware
department at the school I go to. They had trouble getting my computer
to recognize the drive and I don't know what was finally done to make it
work. Originally, there were two drives on the computer. I took one off
and now there is only the 60 Gb. But it only sees 30 Gb. I'd like to get
it to see the entire drive.

I thought perhaps there was some type of drive overlay on it that needed
to be removed; however, Master Netlord suggested that I put Partition
Magic on it and try something from there. So I finally put Partition
Magic on it and am wondering what steps to take from there. Partition
Magic also sees only the 30 Gb. This is an IBM Deskstar drive.

Where do I go from here?

Thanks.

Denise