-=PCTechTalk=- Explorer keeps crashing. Lots of Application Errors.

  • From: "zat" <zzzatso@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 18:36:24 -0700

Since I restarted IMAPI (CD Burning) I've set it to Manual instead of
Automatic I'm not seeing so many alerts there. WMI is currently set to
Manual. I've set the Services as BlackViper suggested on his website.

When I go to event viewer there's lots of red, mainly pertaining to the
WmiAdapter, PerfNet and DCOM. I don't know why DCOM keeps trying to start
XP's CD burning, I don't use it, I use Nero so I disabled XP's.
This is happening all the time. I've clicked on the events.asp link but not
any help.

WinXP Pro SP1, all updates/patches installed. No viruses or trojans.
256MB Ram

Just about ready to punt this thing. lol

thanks,
zat
particulars are below.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: WmiAdapter
Event Category: None
Event ID: 4099
Date:  9/23/2003
Time:  6:46:37 AM
User:  STARFLEET-HQS\space
Computer: STARFLEET-HQS
Open of service failed.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: PerfNet
Event Category: None
Event ID: 2004
Date:  9/23/2003
Time:  1:19:12 PM
User:  N/A
Computer: STARFLEET-HQS
Unable to open the Server service. Server performance data will not be
returned. Error code returned is in data DWORD 0.
Data: 0000: 34 00 00 c0               4..À

Event Type: Error
Event Source: DCOM
Event Category: None
Event ID: 10005
Date:  9/23/2003
Time:  1:19:12 PM
User:
Computer:
DCOM got error "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled
or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. " attempting to
start the service ImapiService with arguments "-Service" in order to run the
server:
{520CCA63-51A5-11D3-9144-00104BA11C5E}

Event Type: Error
Event Source: TrueVector Service (This is for ZoneAlarmPro firewall)
Event Category: None
Event ID: 5007
Date:  9/23/2003
Time:  6:46:28 AM
User:  N/A
Computer: STARFLEET-HQS
TrueVector engine: File "C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\STARFLEET-HQS.ldb" was
corrupt and has been copied to "C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\xDB2.tmp".  File
"C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\STARFLEET-HQS.ldb" was corrupt and has been
deleted.