-=PCTechTalk=- Easy Cleaner and my registry

  • From: "Joyce McClure" <jmcclure@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pctechtalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 15:22:28 -0500

I uninstalled my old Epson printer since it has "died" and I have a new one
coming.  Then I ran Toni Arty Easy Cleaner and cleaned the registry.  When it
was time for the One Button CheckUp I started getting messages that I needed to
install my Norton 2006 disk. I don't have one as I downloaded this version.
Anyway, I had set a restore point before doing this and also knew of the undo
option.  I went back to Easy Cleaner and ran the undo.  Had a little trouble
figuring it out and getting it to work.  I still don't know what I did or did
not do but maybe I was just too impatient.  The entries finally disappeared and
I was then able to access Norton again and everything seems to be o.k.  My
questions are for those of you who use Easy Cleaner:   Can I de select the
entries that caused Norton to stop working?  How can I tell which entries those
are?  I just did the undo and restored all the entries.  There were a lot of
them and I don't like to think I have that much junk still in the registry.  I
ran one button check up after restoring those things in the registry and it
cleaned out a few entries.  It never seems to do as much (have as many entries)
as Easy Cleaner.
I had used Easy Cleaner a couple of times before my computer hard drive went
bad a couple of weeks ago. I had not problems at all those times.
And maybe I need to be content with Norton's cleaning job and forget about
using the registry cleaner in Easy Cleaner?   Wonder why it caused me problems
this time with Norton System Works 2006 and it did not when I was running NSW
2005?
So many questions!  And it seems I am under some sort of a "cloud" with my
string of malfunctioning hardware and software all in these past few weeks.
Joyce