-=PCTechTalk=- EDITED VERSION of original reply to Re: Re: Fw: Re: HELP FOR DBX files

  • From: "Don" <dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 09:53:37 -0400

I'm not sure about Incredimail, but in Outlook Express ALL of your email and
inbox folder structure is kept in .dbx files.  Delete a .dbx file and the
folder of email stored in it will also be deleted.  That is probably why you
can't read email after deleting a .dbx file.  Some .dbx files may be
re-created after deletion IF the folder still exists in your inbox
structure.  In Outlook Express you can delete a folder from the inbox
structure but the .dbx file remains intact.  If you recreate the folder you
will regain access to email stored in it..

For more specific help you should go to the Incredimail website and check
their support forums.

Don
---
Just back from a nice 2 week vacation.  Please bear with me as I catch up.