-=PCTechTalk=- Desktop Problem

  • From: "Steve Aiello" <deacondeamon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PCTT <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 16:25:49 -0400

A friend here got a book called Vista for dummies.  He was doing some of the
things the book suggested to help Vista run better, when he lost his desktop
icons.  He does not remember what he did to lose them and is not willing to
redo the things listed in the book to try to get them back.
 I first tried the right click on the task bar and made sure the show desk
top was checked. it was.  I then right clicked on the desktop icon in the
quick launch. That did not help.
I think I remember this coming up a while back but I can't find it.
Any Ideas.
He's running Vista home basic.
 Thanks
Steve