-=PCTechTalk=- Ctrl Panel error msge?

  • From: "Donna&Skip" <do1212sk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 00:10:03 -0500

Been setting up Win XP on a new PC, adding stuff, deleting excess garbage. I
don't know if I goofed, but every time now I go to open Control Panel, I get
the message:

" An error occurred while Windows was working with the Control Panel File
c:\windows\system32\irprops.cpl   [OK]"

I click the "[OK]" button and then Control Panel opens up alright, so it's
not that anything is seriously destroyed; it's just a pain-inna-butt extra
step all the time.

Anyone know why this message keeps popping up?

Some of the things I've deleted are MS Findfast, MS Works, MS Money, and MS
Office. (Because I only need Word97, and I have that from a previous
source!)

Thanks,

drummer