-=PCTechTalk=- Copyright question

  • From: "Lee Rhodes" <lenella@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PC Tech Talk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 21:26:35 -0700

This is kind of a strange one.  Some filters that I have were created by one
company, then that company sold them to another....now I find out that the
one that bought them isn't  selling or supporting 3 versions....only the
latest version (each version is different filters never the same).  My
question is, since the copyright we bought them under as through the first
company, and since now the second company isn't producing or supporting
them.....can I now share them?  Or even put them on a site for people to
download?  I don't see how it would be called piracy now and they are great
filters for my groups.   Any body good in copyright rules here?

Lee Rhodes  lenella@xxxxxxxxxxx