-=PCTechTalk=- Compacting OE6 folders

  • From: "Janette" <ghostpops@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 22:47:36 +0200

Hi everyone,

I have "quite a few" OE folders, one for each group I belong to and info I
would like to keep etc. A few days ago I battled to open my OE. I think my
Inbox.dbx folder was corrupt, because when I deleted it in Explorer, OE
opened fine, without hanging up in the inbox. Now I see my deleted items
folder is also doing the same thing. I do have it set to remove all deleted
items when I exit OE.
Another thing. When I try and compact individual folders, it says OE is
using the folder and that it can't be done, even when I am offline and not
downloading any mail. Does anyone know what I can do?

TIA

Janette
~*~