-=PCTechTalk=- Certain movie files have green 'fog', inverted or very blocky.

  • From: "Fowler, Craig L" <craig.fowler@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 10:49:03 +1000

Hi guys,
I've downloaded a few large AVI and MPG files recently and when I play about
50% of them, they either appear inverted (upside-down), very blocky or, the
most common is a green fog-like thing blocking the picture and distorting
it.
I am using Media Player to play the files.  I have also tried a DIVX player
among others.  The files haven't been encoded yet however, when I encode
them, they still look the same, if not, worse.  I use TMPGEncoeder.
I have the 'AngelPotion', 'Nimo' and 'DIVX ;-)' codec packs installed among
other lesser known ones.
Lastly, when I encode some of the files, the picture appears fine however
there is no sound.

Do any of you know why the files are doing this?

Thanks

CR@!G