-=PCTechTalk=- Can't defrag

  • From: HandsomeBlck@xxxxxxx
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 10:47:51 EDT

Hello all,
    I recently had a new HDD installed, with WinME.  I have run scandisk and
defrag on this new drive in the past.  Yesterday I attempted to defrag, and
couldn't.  About 4% into it, I got error message no id. defrag004, "this
drive contains errors that must be repaired," and instructed to use scandisk.
    I then ran ScanDisk, in thorough mode, auto fix errors.  I tried to
defrag again, and got the same error.  I booted up in safe mode, and still
got the same error code when attempting to defrag.

Is there something else I can do?

Thanks,

HB