-=PCTechTalk=- Cable Internet Networking

  • From: "Polly" <gulfbreeze57@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PC Tech Talk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 10:37:46 -0600

I'm considering switching to a cable internet connection and was wondering how
to go about it.  We have 2 computers in 2 separate rooms and would like to use
the same cable internet service.  Earthlink offers the networking option but it
isn't available in my area so I'm thinking of going with our local cable
company.  I know NOTHING about networking.

What is needed on the computers in order to network them?  Where would be the
best place online to learn about networking?

Any information on networking for the use of cable internet service would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Polly