-=PCTechTalk=- Beep

  • From: "cajun12" <cajun12@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 16:42:49 -0500

I think I discovered where my beep was coming from.  It's not a BIOS =
beep.  I moved some media files and apparently one of them was my New =
Mail Notification sound.  I leave my email program open while I'm on, =
and when an email would pop into my Inbox and XP could not locate the =
associated sound, I got a beep.  I have never experienced this before on =
any of my 5 previous computers, of which only one is running XP.  I do =
not have a sound associated with every single itty bitty little movement =
on my PC, so this may be why I've never experienced this before.  But =
this beep is not the sound associated with the any functions that I have =
sound assigned to.  Weird.  It sounds like a system beep coming from the =
small speaker in front of the computer case, not my speakers, which are =
not anywhere near my case.  Anyway, since I re-associated my New Mail =
Notification sound with the file in it's new place, I'm not getting the =
beep.

My motherboard is a Gigabyte Duo Pro, but it's not a BIOS beep. =20

dj