-=PCTechTalk=- 2 email problems

  • From: "Angela Cooke" <angela.cooke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 17:49:40 +0100

I have a recurring problem in Outlook Express.  I can send email through my
blueyonder address and not receive
 (getting this message ~ "The connection to the server has failed. Account:
'pop3.blueyonder.co.uk', Server: 'pop3.blueyonder.co.uk', Protocol: POP3,
Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E")

and I can receive mail to OE from hotmail but not send it
(getting this message ~ "The server does not support the required HTTP
methods. Account: 'Hotmail', Server:
'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol: HTTPMail,
Server Response: 'Method Not Allowed', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Error
Number: 0x800CCC35"

My ISP have tried to get it sorted but can't and have suggested it maybe
something left over from Zone Alarm.  I used jv16 Power tools and removed
all traces from the registry *gulp* and it was still the same so I restored
the pc to about a week ago when there shouldn't have been a problem but
there is.

Whatever it is has also caused a problem with my Mailround Mailman and I
suspect that may be where the problem lies now but I have had no reply from
them.

I'm running Windows XP (SP1) & OE 6

Help?   Anyone?

Ange (Clueless of Donny)