[pchelpers] Re: battery life / Dell inpiron 1150

  • From: John Durham <john.modec@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 08:22:18 +1200

There is some helpful information of Lithium and Ni-Cd batteries here:
http://www.5starsupport.com/tutorial/battery-life.htm

Note: Heat affects Lithium battery life-Please note this below:
    1.
           * Lithium-ion Battery:

     If you are using a laptop with a Lithium-ion battery (most newer
laptops), it should give you between 300-500 charge/discharge cycles.
This type of battery doesn't like full discharges and should be avoided
when-ever possible. The technology is still being enhanced and should
continue to be the battery of choice for laptop manufactures in the
future. Elevated temperatures seem to have an adverse effect on this
batteries life. Lithium-ion battery manufactures believe that a typical
life span should be somewhere between 2 to 3 years. Most lithium-ion
batteries fail because of exposure to excessive heat rather than the
charge/discharge habits of the user.

--
Regards, John Durham <http://modecideas.com/contact.html?sig>
ICQ number 112663246