[pchelpers] Re: Watchtower Reader on Ubuntu

  • From: "Gregory D. Watts" <tasanacomputers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 04:09:09 -0600

Buried deep on my site is my listing with Linspire/Freespire. We are an
authorized distributer/builder for them. We are linked from their site
and in their monthly and crossed over to Wal-Mart.com. Very crazy deal
that I have to do.
We tested Linspire/Freespire and found it to be lacking and trashy. IMO
it is as dangerous to run as Windows. It has strayed from the Linux path
way too far. It's billed as the easiest Linux to use, I disagree, Ubuntu
is by far.
Linspire/Freespire had too many issues, it froze and crashed under
extreme testing and benchmarking. It is difficult to get anything to
install other them what Linspire puts out, it can be done but not as
easy as Liinux is suppose to be.
At this time I cannot stop the cross promotion but I have it buried deep
on the site.
That is why Ubuntu is the featured Linux Distro on the site.