[pchelpers] Re: SCSI Scanner

  • From: Scott McNay <Wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Cyril Halbach <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 21:53:06 -0600

Hi Cyril,

CH>     I have an Arcus II Scanner and it apparently is a SCSI device.  Does it
CH> need a SCSI card on the mother board or is there such a thing as a SCSI
CH> adapter that can hook up to a printer or USB port??

I've seen SCSI adapters that will go through the parallel port, and
I'm sure that they're available for USB, too. Don't expect much speed
out of a parallel port adapter, though.

SCSI devices other than drives often come with a SCSI card bundled,
and it's often best to use that card, if available.

There are different types of SCSI, some of them apparently physically
compatible but electrically incompatible, so be sure to check the
documentation to see what version you need, and get an adapter that's
compatible.

--Scott.