[pchelpers] Re: My imminent domain = no parking

  • From: Clifford E Messner <cliffmessner1@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 06:47:31 -0400

I can't help you, but I noted that you signed your note "N5QJ". I am
K8NTO. QTH is
Jackson, MI. I am 100% CW here. Have been a ham since th early 50's. Came
in
via the Novice route, and learned to love CW. Perhaps we will run across
one another
on the air some day!

Agape and 73

Cliff
Leslie congregation
Leslie, MI

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002 21:34:19 -0500 "Jonathan Setcer" <jsetcer@xxxxxxxxxx>
writes:

> Years ago, like 1997 or 1998 I bought the domain name www.setcer.com
> .
>
> A long distance telephone company "parked" my domain name for me.
> They
> provided free forwarding of www.setcer.com to my web pages at
> Geocities/Yahoo.  They also provided free forwarding  for any email
> sent to
> *@setcer.com  (that means [anything]@setcer.com they forwarded to
> jsetcer@xxxxxxxxxx   As long as I kept their long distance service
> they
> provided the "free parking" of my domain name for me.
>
> a couple of years ago I noticed that I was serviced by a different
> long
> distance company. I have no memory of who the original long distance
> company
> who was providing the "free parking" of my domain name was/is.
>
> Suddenly a couple of weeks ago the forwarding stopped working, both
> for the
> web page and for the email.
>
> OK, HERE ARE MY TWO QUESTIONS:
>     1) how can I find out who the company was who had my domain name
> parked
> for me? I want to see if they are still in business. and If they are
> willing
> to renew parking my domain name if I re-up with their long distance
> company.
> (if they are still in business).
>
> 2) If they are not in business WHERE CAN I PARK MY DOMAIN NAME, and
> recieve
> forwarding, CHEAPLY?
>
> Thanks for reading my long and rambling story.
>
> 73 & Agape, J. Setcer  N5QJ
> www.geocities.com/kc5bry

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.