[pchelpers] Re: Mass Storage Controller

  • From: Tonia <ltonwannabe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 15:34:48 +0100 (BST)

Hi Ed

Such drivers normally come in your Windows CD. Otherwise maybe this site would
help:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/catalog/server2/default.aspx?subID=22&xslt=detail&pgn=8f38d6f6-44b4-32b1-102d-00cd18d4e940
(link may be wrapped)

From here click on the Storage link on the left pane and from the drop down
menu select your controller type.  You may need to look into Storage Adapter
and Controllers to find it. Under Product Details you'll find the Driver name.
From this info you can go to driverguide.com to look for the driver or do a
google search for that particular driver. By the way if you go to
Driverguide.com the UID is "driver" and password is "all" (without the quotes)

Hope this helps.

Tonia

 Ed West <edwest@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It's easy enough to cancel the install at startup when it finds new hardware
but the HD light stays on & I'm afraid the disk will be damaged if I don't
install this controller or driver. Where would I get such? It is a Western
digital 80 gig 8mg buffer.
anyone have this? I know I could search the WD website but I tried that
before I ever posted.
Ed