[pchelpers] Mailwasher

  • From: "rweyer" <rweyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ANRO" <anro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 13:59:46 -0600

Friends
My copy of Mailwasher combined with Avast ( free home edition)
has been able to keep me ahead of the Doom worm today.

Mailwasher ( I have the Pro edition ) examines email on my ISP's
server where Avast is able to report which emails are infected.

Then I just delete the attacking email before it ever arrives.

If ever two products working together can do a better job, I have yet to see it.

avast

http://www.firetrust.com/home/
mailwasher

I guess the viruses we can expect in the future will be getting ever
worse.

Today's attacks ( some 30 or more so far ) could have done serious damage.
I hate to think of the hard work and time lost to restore a system that has
been
infected by the idiot viruses sent around the internet by stupid people.

I have additional computer protection as a back up, but so far the two ( above
)
have been equal to the task of keeping my system clean.

Bob Weyer