[pchelpers] Re: Dial Up Connection

  • From: Scott McNay <wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Gerald Gollinger <gerald3nyc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 21:54:20 -0500

Hi Gerald,

Monday, June 19, 2006, 9:26:42 PM, you wrote:

GG> Is it possible with Windows 98 to have a dial up connection? My
GG> terminology. Thank you for letting us know.

You didn't get John's reply?  I'm sending THIS reply to you to both
the list and to your email, just in case.

Of course it's possible; when 98 came out, few people had even heard
of broadband; for most people, the next step up was paying $1000 a
month for a T1 connection. Nowadays T1 speed is considered slow for
broadband users.

Windows 98 came out almost a decade ago, which is a long time in the
computer industry.

--
Scott.