[pchelpers] Re: Corrupt Video In DOS Mode

  • From: "G.Cox" <georgetcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 13:49:48 -0500

No Bob ,
I can't see a clear picture in the bios setup either. The monitor is very
old, manufactured August 9, 1993. I have no way of finding out the refresh
rate. I went online and got the driver for it and installed it without any
change in its behavior. I shut off the monitor twice for a half hour and
both times it worked fine for a while upon turning it back on. My guess is
it is over heating for some reason. I need to rule out the PC as the
culprit. I'll do that next by leaving the computer on and turning off the
monitor only for a time.

G. Cox

My darkness inside is full of stars - and each one has a name.

From: "G.Cox" <georgetcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Hi People,
> I have a problem with the display in DOS mode on my computer. The video is
> obviously corrupt. Most of the time I can't make out anything- there are
> just snowy bands of color or white, and sometimes there is text that is
> repeated and overlapped so as to make reading what is typed on the screen
> next to impossible. I can't fix it by re-installing my video drivers. When
> the boot process gets to windows everything displays properly. If I can't
> fix this anything that would require me to be able to read a DOS screen
> would be impossible, including re-installing my Windows 98SE or flashing
the
> bios. I need your advice, please.
>
> G. Cox

Regards, John Durham (list moderator)
<http://modecideas.com/contact.html?sig>

---
If you have all your marbles, you haven't been playing the game.