[pchelpers] CD walkman/ mp3

  • From: "Billyus Eximius" <billy.e@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 19:11:09 -0000

Hello all, I've a question from my daughter,  she is wanting to buy herself a
new potable cd player and wants one that will play mp3 as well as  standard
audio.  There is a plethora of machines to pick from but she is worried about
her choice.  The one she liked first was a Sony, and this used "atrac"
However, shopping on the internet, she's found a Panasonic that she likes
better, but this although is mp3 compatible and has all the spec of the Sony,
it isn't "atrac" so she worries that it won't play mp3's she makes up from her
PC.
Is "atrac" simply Sony's software for playing MP3 or is it something that is
vital that other brands don't have.   Apparently, "atrac" has to be put onto
your PC so that you can compile MP3 disks to play on you walkman.

can anyone explain..............

Thanks

Billy / Sacha

---