[patriots] West's lies about Russia are monstrous

  • From: "Chris Pead" <cpead@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Patriots JGroup" <patriots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 18:31:34 +0100

Vaclav Klaus: the West's lies about Russia are monstrous

published by Tom Sullivan on Sun, 2014-09-28 09:00

Klaus believes the EU is beyond reform and has called for it to be replaced
with an 'Organisation of European States' - a simple free trade association
which would not pursue political integration. He recalls his own experience
at the forefront of Czechoslovakia's Velvet Revolution in 1989. 'When we
started to change my country we quite deliberately did not use the term
"reform" - we used the word "transformation", because we wanted a systemic
change. Such a systemic change is needed in Europe today.'

It's not just on the economy that Europe has got it wrong, says Klaus. He
doesn't agree with the western elite's current hostility towards Russia,
which he believes is based on a false and outdated view of the country. 'I
remember one person in our country who at one moment was minister of foreign
affairs, telling me that he hated communism so much that he was not even
able to read Dostoevsky. I have remembered that statement for decades and I
am afraid that the current propaganda against Russia is based on a similar
argument and way of thinking. I spent most of my life in a communist
Czechoslovakia under Soviet domination. But I differentiate between the
Soviet Union and Russia. Those who are not able to understand the difference
are simply not looking with open eyes. I always argue with my American and
British friends that although the political system in Russia is different
from the system in our countries and we wouldn't be happy to live in such a
system, to compare the current Russia with Leonid Brezhnev's Soviet Union is
stupid.'

He says, with finality: 'The US/EU propaganda against Russia is really
ridiculous and I can't accept it.'

Klaus wants to transfer other democratic decision-making powers back to the
nation states. 'I'm not just criticising the EU arrangements - at the same
time I'm very critical of global governance and the shift to
transnationalism. A week ago I was in Hong Kong and I criticised the naive
opening up of countries without keeping or maintaining the anchoring of the
nation state. Doing this leads either to anarchy, or to global governance.
My vision for Europe is a Europe of sovereign nation states, definitely. But
we have already gone well beyond simply economic integration. The EU is a
post-democratic and post-political system.'

Kind regards,

Chris

---
is active.