[patriots] Sold out.

  • From: "Fred Bishop" <fredbiship@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fred Bishop" <fredbiship@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 08:43:35 +0100

At least look at the paras in red.

England does not need a voice, give ‘em the ‘English Votes on English Laws’
scam to keep them quiet and second class citizens.

It ain’t love thy neighbour it is keep your neighbnour.

PM to consider further devolution

13:12 Sunday 17 May 2015 01:04 Friday 15 May 2015

David Cameron could implement "sensible suggestions" on more powers for
Scotland in the wake of the SNP's landslide in the general election.

The Tory Prime Minister, who secured an unexpected majority at Westminster
last week, travelled to Edinburgh for talks with Nicola Sturgeon.

Prime Minister David Cameron (left) meeting Scottish First Minister Nicola
Sturgeon (right) at Bute House in Edinburgh.

Prime Minister David Cameron (left) meeting Scottish First Minister Nicola
Sturgeon (right) at Bute House in Edinburgh.

With the discussions taking place just over a week after Scottish
nationalists won an unprecedented 56 of the 59 constituencies north of the
border, Mr Cameron told the First Minister he would consider proposals from
her government to extend the devolved settlement.

The Conservative leader confirmed he would include legislation to implement
the recommendations of the cross-party Smith Commission on more powers for
Scotland in the forthcoming Queen's Speech, saying: "We will deliver the
stronger Scottish Parliament, be in no doubt about it."

but after Holyrood's Devolution Committee said the draft clauses that have
already been drawn up did not live up to either "the spirit or the
substance'' of the Smith Agreement, the Prime Minister did not rule out
further changes.

Mr Cameron said: "We're going to look again at welfare and make sure the
clauses reflect what that agreement was."

He added: "The First Minister wants to send some proposals for me to look at
and I'm happy to examine proposals, there's going to be a debate, of course
there will be a debate.

"I don't rule out making other changes if sensible suggestions are made."

Mr Cameron said he had had a "very positive meeting" with the First Minister
at her official residence, Bute House in Edinburgh.

Meanwhile, Ms Sturgeon said two issues of significance had been agreed at
the talks.

She told Sky News: "Firstly, there was a commitment from the Prime Minister
that the legislation that they will shortly introduce to the Westminster
parliament to implement the proposals of the Smith Commission will implement
those proposals in full."

"The Prime Minister has said they would consider those proposals.

"I am not going to put words in his mouth and say he has agreed any specific
proposals, but there is an agreement to look at that and there will be a
meeting with the Deputy First Minister and the Secretary of State for
Scotland to take that discussion forward."

But there was what Mr Cameron described as an "honest disagreement" between
the two leaders over whether Scotland should have full fiscal autonomy.

The SNP supports changing the system to that Holyrood is responsible for
raising all the cash it spends, with Ms Sturgeon saying: "I want Scotland to
have full fiscal autonomy, David Cameron doesn't, but what we said in our
manifesto was that there were priority powers over and above the Smith
Commission that we wanted to see devolved.

"So, what we are talking about are business taxes and employment
legislation, the minimum wage and more powers over welfare."

Mr Cameron insisted: "I think the option of full fiscal autonomy is not a
good option for Scotland inside the United Kingdom, I think it would land
Scottish taxpayers with £7 billion of extra taxes or Scottish people with £7
billion of extra cuts."( Where does the £7 billion come from. It ain’t
Scotland! --FRED)

The Prime Minister said: "I want people in Scotland to know that the whole
of the United Kingdom stands behind your pensions, stands behind
unemployment benefit, will stand behind Scotland if it has a difficult year,
if the oil price goes down.

"That's what I believe in, the solidarity union as well as the United
Kingdom that's about defence and foreign affairs and all the institutions we
have built together."

Ian Murray, the shadow Scottish secretary and sole Scottish Labour MP after
his party lost 40 of its 41 seats, warned there is a "real risk" the Tories
could do a deal on full fiscal autonomy.

He said: "Labour stood on a platform of ensuring that the final say on
benefits rests with the Scottish Parliament and promising a Home Rule Bill
within 100 days, so we welcome attempts to deliver quickly on further
devolution.

"However, there is a real risk that what we get now is a Tory deal on fiscal
autonomy, or some way towards it, that leaves Scotland worse off.

"Whatever the SNP's political ambitions, they must not accept a Tory deal
that cuts Scotland's budget."

Scottish Liberal Democrat leader Willie Rennie said: "Only a week after the
result the SNP have returned to business as usual, stoking up divisions in
their drive for an unstable constitutional settlement."

Copyright (c) Press Association Ltd. 2015, All Rights Reserved.

http://www.guideandgazette.co.uk/news/scottish-headlines/pm-to-consider-furt
her-devolution-1-3773715

A penny saved is a government oversight.

PLEASE REMOVE MY ADDRESS BEFORE FORWARDING.

IF YOU CANNOT DO THAT PLEASE DO NOT FORWARD.

JPEG image