[patriots] Re: FW: We won re: Donald Trump

  • From: Kate <talk2ktc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "johntimbrell@xxxxxxxxxx" <johntimbrell@xxxxxxxxxx>, "patriots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <patriots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 21:48:17 +0000 (UTC)

Agree also, 100%. 38 degrees was started by husband of Common Purpose chair,
the late Anita Roddick.
http://www.commonpurpose.org.uk/gallery/videos/our-make-up---anita-rorrick..
After her death her husband, Gordon Roddick, founded 38 Degrees From:
john TIMBRELL <johntimbrell@xxxxxxxxxx>
From: albertburgess@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: action@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; annette-rose-smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxx;
lincspatriot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; r.poulton1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; birkby370@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
johntimbrell@xxxxxxxxxx; jkelly8543@xxxxxxx; jennalouca@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: We won re: Donald Trump
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 19:41:20 +0000

<!--#yiv7283887765 .yiv7283887765ExternalClass .yiv7283887765ecxhmmessage P
{padding:0px;}#yiv7283887765 .yiv7283887765ExternalClass
body.yiv7283887765ecxhmmessage {font-size:12pt;font-family:Calibri;}-->You won
nothing, you damaged free speech and proved the bully can get away with
anything. You are a silly stupid little girl who has been brain washed. Your
university Dons should be ashamed of themselves for giving in to brain dead
fools who think their opinion trumps every one else's right to say what they
believe. And like the immature child  you are you have to trumpet the damage
you have done to the right of free speech from the roof tops. Albert

Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 18:02:46 +0000
To: albertburgess@xxxxxxxxxxx
From: action@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: We won re: Donald Trump

38 Degrees
| |
| |
| Make sure 38 Degrees emails reach your inbox: add action@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to
your contacts. If you would like to unsubscribe click here.

Dear albert,

We did it! Last night, because of 38 Degrees members, Donald Trump was
stripped of his honorary degree from a Scottish University. [1] He’s a
self-serving billionaire, whose racist, sexist beliefs fly in the face of
equality. [2] He’s using fear, hatred and division to try to win power. Trump
stands for everything we don’t.

When British institutions decorate people like Trump with awards and honours,
it says to the world that they are someone important: a role model, someone
worth listening to. Yesterday, we stripped him of an honour and showed the
world what 38 Degrees members think of his hate-filled opinions.

We’ve proved that 38 Degrees members won’t sit back when we see injustice -
however big or small. But let’s be honest: we’ve got plenty more fights ahead.
Our NHS is under attack, tax dodgers are still getting away with it, and big
business is still determined to push through the TTIP trade deal.

38 Degrees members decide what we do together. Can you fill out this quick
survey and help decide what 38 Degrees should campaign on together next?

| TAKE THE SURVEY |

Here’s how we won this campaign together:

38 Degrees member Suzanne kick-started a petition on Campaigns by You when she
discovered Trump held an honorary degree from a university in Scotland. [3] She
shared the campaign with her family and friends - and when Trump’s hate-filled
comments about Muslims caused uproar and hit the headlines, it snowballed.

As Suzanne watched her huge petition grow, 38 Degrees members applied more
pressure on the head of the university by emailing him in our thousands. We
flooded the university with tweets, asking for the degree to be revoked.

And when it seemed like the head of the university was wavering, we gave him
the final nudge he needed by making hundreds of phone calls together. The
university was overwhelmed, and quickly announced they had stripped Trump of
the honour!

Here’s what 38 Degrees member Suzanne said about the victory:

“If anyone ever doubts the point of petitions, show them what 76,000 people did
yesterday. I want to give my sincere thanks to everyone who took the time to
stand up, and I applaud the university for doing the right thing”.

Our campaign victory is splashed all over the papers this morning. [4] We’re
part of a growing tide of opposition all over the world to Trump and his
divisive agenda. And it’s causing ripples across the pond too - in America,
Time Magazine and CBS are already writing about it. [5] We’ve sent a clear
message to Trump and those who share his views: Britain simply won’t stand for
it.

38 Degrees members decide what we should campaign on together - whether that’s
taking a presidential hopeful down a peg or two, or protecting our NHS. Can you
fill out this quick survey to help us decide what we should do together next?

| TAKE THE SURVEY |

Thanks for being involved,

Louie, Trish, Robin, Laura and the 38 Degrees team

PS: Suzanne started her petition on Campaigns by You. Is there something you
want to change to make the UK a better, fairer and more sustainable place? You
can start your own campaign here:
https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/your-campaign-trump

NOTES:
[1] BBC: Donald Trump: Robert Gordon University strips honorary degree:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-35054360
[2] The Telegraph: Donald Trump calls for a ban on all Muslims entering the US:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/donald-trump/12038280/Donald-Trump-calls-for-a-ban-on-all-Muslims-entering-the-US-live.html
Huffington Post: 18 Real things Donald Trump has said about women:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/18-real-things-donald-trump-has-said-about-women_55d356a8e4b07addcb442023
The Guardian: Donald Trump takes campaign against windfarms to UK supreme
court:

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/oct/08/donald-trump-takes-campaign-against-wind-farms-to-uk-supreme-court
[3] Campaigns by You: Strip Donald Trump of his honorary degree:
https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/donald-j-trump-revoke-rgu-degree
[4] Now Donald Trump is STRIPPED of an honorary degree as Robert Gordon
University says his views on Islam are 'wholly incompatible' with their ethos
and values:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3353209/Donald-Trump-STRIPPED-honorary-degree-RGU.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490
[5] CBS Washington DC: Scottish University Revokes Trump’s Honorary Degree
Following Muslim Comments:

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2015/12/09/scottish-university-revokes-trumps-honorary-degree-following-muslim-comments/
Time Magazine: Scottish University Strips Trump of Honorary Degree
http://time.com/4143157/trump-stripped-honorary-degree/

| |
| 38 Degrees is funded by donations from thousands of members across the UK.
Making a regular donation will mean 38 Degrees can stay independent and plan
for future campaigns. Please will you chip in a few pounds a week?Start a
direct debitUnsubscribe: If you no longer wish to be part of our movement and
receive our emails you can unsubscribe here. This email was sent to
albertburgess@xxxxxxxxxxx.
38 DEGREES
Limited by guarantee
Registered Company No. 6642193 in England and Wales
Registered office: 40 Bowling Green Lane, London, EC1R 0NE