[patriots] FW: [North_Maine_63733637] Former Head of CIA Demands That Boy Scouts Accept Gay Leaders

  • From: annette rose smith <annette-rose-smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "patriots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <patriots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 22:26:27 +0100

To: eaif_group-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: North_Maine_63733637@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 18:52:02 -0700
Subject: [North_Maine_63733637] Former Head of CIA Demands That Boy Scouts
Accept Gay Leaders

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/booted-scout-leader-applauds-boy-scouts-presidents/nmL5z/
Booted Scout leader applauds Boy Scouts' president’s call to end ban on gay
leadersSEATTLE —
Booted
Rainier Beach Scout leader, Geoffrey McGrath, is applauding Boy Scouts
National President Robert Gates’ call for an end to the ban on gay Scout
leaders at an annual meeting.
"We must deal with the world as it is, not as we wish it might be,” Gates said.
Gates, a former Secretary of Defense, said the current policy banning gay
adults can no longer be sustained.
“Nor can we ignore the social, political and judicial changes taking place in
our country,” Gates added.
McGrath,
the troop leader from Rainier Beach who was kicked out last year for
being gay, is hopeful the organization will lift its ban on gay troop
leaders.
“This will end an era of invidious discrimination of LGBT
participation and the needs of LGBT families of which there are many in
scouting,” McGrath explained.
Although the local BSA council
revoked his troop's charter, Rainier Beach United Methodist Church
picked up the charter with McGrath at the helm.
“It feels like really great news,” McGrath expressed. “There's already some
outreach from Chief Seattle back in our direction.”
It's
still too early to tell whether the Chief Seattle Council would restore
the charter for McGrath's troop since it's become all inclusive,
accepting girls and kids from all religious and nonreligious
backgrounds.
Gates, meanwhile, said he's not asking the board to
change policy today but he wants them to consider it. He also made it
clear, even if the ban is lifted, troop sponsors would have the final
say on who leads their troops.
“Such an approach would allow all
churches, which sponsor some 70 percent of our Scout units, to establish
leadership standards consistent with their faith,” Gates said.
“There's
meat to put on these bones but it's a good foundation to have a strong
statement like what Bob Gates made today,” McGrath said.

=======
some random comment:

So, the former head of the CIA (do they ever really retire?) thinks that
gay boy scouts is good for reasons of his own. Hmmmm. I suppose he just
sees gay Boy Scouts as tools that can be used to achieve some foreign
(and domestic?) policies of the CIA. I am sure everyone trusts them as
completely as I do.

Just consider how much safer we are by having
Gays in the military: The American legacy of homosexual rape of men and
children POWs in the concentration camps of Iraq and Afghanistan will
surely make our homosexualized military the pride of the Free World for
generations.

And who doesn't agree with how progressive the
homosexualization of foreign policy has been: Who doesn't stand with
Seattle Mayor Ed Murray when he says that gay rights trumps Palestinian
rights.

__._,_.___

Posted by: James Sanchez <seattleplatypus@xxxxxxx>

Reply to sender