[patriots] Re: Caroline's Press Matters - 21st December. 2015

  • From: john TIMBRELL <johntimbrell@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SMITH ANNETTE <charityrichards@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Sonyaporter@xxxxxxx" <sonyaporter@xxxxxxx>, "patriots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <patriots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2015 08:20:12 +0000

Caroline Stephens was a UKIP candidate for Stroud. I had a long correspondence
with her over the illegal EU treaties. She wriggled and squirmed as BG did over
the 'peaceful ' Muslim religion. It seems they are are living a lie.

Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 21:35:10 +0000
From: charityrichards@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Fwd: Caroline's Press Matters - 21st December. 2015

00:04, Sun, Dec 20, 2015

The corporation, which already gets ÂŁ3.7 billion from the licence fee,
took the cash over the last three years to expand its research and development
(R&D) arm.
But critics have blasted the broadcaster, saying the payouts give the
impression the BBC “is being paid to do the EU’s bidding”.
It comes as doubts have been cast over the the corporation’s ability
to remain impartial in the run up to the EU referendum, which David Cameron has
implied could begin next summer.
Conservative MP Andrew Bridgen said: “Everyone knows that the BBC has
an inbuilt pro-EU bias, but it should be above reproach during this
once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to vote on the future of ourRELATIONSHIP with
Europe.
“It already receives £3.7 billion from the licence fee, and taking EU
funding unavoidably creates the impression that it is being paid to do the EU’s
bidding.”
The BBC’s R&D program – which received the funding – is working on
projects like 3D broadcasting and ultra-high definition filming, and has
previously splashed out cash on arty digital mediaINSTALLATIONS.

For more:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/628227/REVEALED-BBC-accepts-MILLIONS-in-EU-cash-during-run-up-to-referendum

------------🌟

EU Referendum: not going to happen
Richard North, 19/12/2015

The self-delusion of the legacy media is rampant today, with the
Telegraph, the
Guardianand the
Financial Times, amongst others, all saying that David Cameron
has cleared the way for a June referendum.

The basis for this is incredibly thin, the media relying on the Prime Minister
having stated that he believes "2016 will be the year we achieve something
really vital, fundamentally changing the UK's relationship with the EU and
finally addressing the concerns of the British people about our membership".

"Then", he said, "it will be for the British people to decide whether we remain
or leave. It is a choice we will all need to think hard about".

Before going into the meeting, Mr Cameron said: "Our in/out referendum will be
going ahead before the end of 2017", so here it is pretty obvious that the
Prime Minister is playing games. He could have actually said that, all things
being equal, he intended to put the question to a vote next year, but he
didn't. Instead, he came up with this ambiguous statement which could be taken
in so many ways.

In the context, the "then" in relation to the people deciding could mean "in
2016" – but not necessarily in June of even July. It could just as easily mean
"afterwards", putting the referendum in to 2017.

With a statement so vague, the Prime Minister can deny that it ever was his
intention to hold the referendum next year. In fact, he won't ever need to deny
it because he has never said it, or even hinted it. This is entirely a matter
for the media hearing what they want to hear and running a story with not the
least substance.

Even the
Express is untypically cautious on this, saying merely that, "if
a deal is agreed at the next European Council summit in February, it would
clear the way for a vote to be held as early as next summer", adding – without
a scintilla of evidence: "The Prime Minister's preferred date for the
referendum is believed to be June 16".

However, we also get from
Reuters that Mr Cameron was "mindful that any failure to meet a
self-imposed timetable could fuel opposition to the 'outers' who want to leave
the EU". There was, he declared, "no rush", saying: "I've set the deadline for
the referendum for the end of 2017. I've always wanted to give myself time to
get this right, what matters is the substance".

As to the possibility of a deal in February, apart from the Prime Minister's
own statements (which must be taken with a pinch of salt), all we have to go on
are the
Council Conclusions. These state:

The European Council had a political exchange of views on the
UK plans for an (in/out) referendum. Following today's substantive and
constructive debate, the members of the European Council agreed to work closely
together to find mutually satisfactory solutions in all the four areas at the
European Council meeting on 18-19 February 2016.
This must be read in conjunction with yesterday's
Reuters report that had a senior official close to the talks
saying that the "colleagues" will "coordinate to ensure the prime minister can
show British voters he has secured a victory in negotiations to reform the
bloc".

This official went on to say: "There's a certain orchestration to make sure
that tonight things work out well for David Cameron, to make it look as that he
is winning, because no one wants a Brexit".

We also recorded that
Bloomberg had it that Mr Cameron must "be seen to fight for
British interests and win some progress to take back home before the key
February summit". Fredrik Erixon, director of the Brussels-based European
Centre for International Political Economy, noted: "The worst thing he could do
would be to make people think it's been a walk in the park".

Deconstructing the Council statement, there is clearly an agreement to work
closely together "to find mutually satisfactory solutions in all the four areas
AT the European Council meeting on 18-19 February 2016".

Specifically, that puts the Council in the frame in February, working together
to "find" solutions. There is nothing there that commits them actually to
succeeding, and indeed there can be nothing binding that commits anyone to
actually achieving a solution.

If this gets close to (or is) sophistry, this could be the case. That is the
way the system works. When the chips are down it will do whatever is needed to
protect itself.

As to whether there is any chance of the referendum happening, nothing at all
has changed. Apart from the Electoral Commission restrictions, the bigger
picture prevails – where Mr Cameron needs a treaty change to enact the changes
he wants. As before, the "colleagues" cannot promise to deliver until late
2017.

The confirmation of this is in the Council conclusions, for anyone who wants to
read them. Totally unreported by the UK media, Friday saw intense discussions
on the Five Presidents' report on completing the Economic and Monetary Union.

In that part of the meeting, the European Council confirmed its commitment to
work towards completing EMU, asking for certain procedural steps to be
completed by June 2016. Then, the "more long-term measures" – in essence treaty
change – had to be further explored, with the European Council coming back to
those measures "at the latest by the end of 2017".

That is the treaty timetable writ large. That it is what it is going to be. It
is not going to change. Cameron is bound by that timetable unless he wants to
go to the country empty-handed – whence he will lose. Personally, I am prepared
to discount the proposition that the Prime Minister is ready to throw the game.
I think he's in it to win.

With that, we already know how this is going to play. The media will go quiet
over Christmas. Then we will start to see the chatter build through January,
the peak in February coinciding with the Council Meeting.

Amid the crescendo of media prattle and speculation, there will emerge the
fateful last-minute complications, stage-managed to achieve maximum dramatic
effect. Then, at the 11th hour and 59 minutes, the "final" agreement will be
delayed. It will be back on the agenda for the autumn, when we see the "play"
repeated, and again in early 2017, with delays all the way to late 2017.

By the time it comes to the actual referendum, the "leave" campaign will have
been run ragged, leaving it confused, exhausted, dispirited and – crucially –
desperately short of money. It will have emptied its coffers on running
high-intensity campaigns, and will have great difficulty topping them up for
the final sprint.

The public, having heard "wolf" cried for so long, will have long before
switched off – bored witless with the endless repetition of the same facile
arguments and progression of stupid Vote Leave videos. When presented with Mr
Cameron's shiny new "British model", they will be more than ready to vote for
if for no other reason than to get the whole thing over and done with.

In the meantime, we are in the grip of a media narrative from which there is no
escape. Once it takes hold, it becomes unstoppable, like a tsunami All you can
do is hunker down, wait for it to expend its fury and clean up the mess
afterwards.

http://www.eureferendum.com/blogview.aspx?blogno=85863

------------🌟

It's time to cut the EU apron strings
LeaveHQ, 19/12/2015
Ditching the parochialism of EU politics, we must turn to the more interesting
news of the formation of a new international public-private sector coalition,
the Global Alliance for Trade, an alliance designed to streamline border
management in developing countries associated with implementation of the new
WTO Trade Facilitation Agreement (TFA).The new alliance was announced at the
10th WTO Ministerial Conference in Nairobi, Kenya and consists of governments,
international companies such as Maersk Group, DHL and Wal-Mart, and the
International Chamber of Commerce and the World Economic Forum.
The objective of the Global Alliance for Trade is to accelerate trade
facilitation reforms by supporting swift and wide implementation of the WTO
Trade Facilitation Agreement (TFA). Today, customs processes can involve large
amounts of documentation that typically are not digitalised. This and lack of
coordination between private and government actors adds unnecessary waiting
time and delays to traded goods, resulting in added inventory costs and the
risks of penalties for importers and exporters.Reforms aiming at reducing
transit time of goods across borders can increase trade flows significantly and
thus drive growth and job creation in low- and middle-income countries. The WTO
estimates that a full implementation of the TFA can add $1 trillion to the
global GDP annually and 21 million new jobs globally.A successful
implementation will therefore benefit all countries involved, as well as
importers and exporters. The first step for the Global Alliance for Trade
Facilitation is to diagnose the largest trade barriers in specific countries.A
new player on the scale of the Global Alliance for Trade should actually be
major news. News of it came to us, not via the BBC but from Maersk's own
Twitter feed. That speaks to the irrelevance of the media.It is not yet clear
just how influential this alliance will be but in the past, WTO alliances have
helped shape global regulations that even the EU has adopted. It will likely
have a much greater consultative input than the EU in opening up new markets -
and when it comes to the defining international agreements, it will sit
alongside the EU as a power in it's own right.This is another marker in the
timeline of global trade whereby the big deals are no longer between nations
and blocs but between non state actors and regulatory agencies. This is very
much the birth of a global single market.In addition to Myanmar, Norway,
Vietnam, Brunei, Zambia and Ukraine, the following WTO members have also
accepted the TFA: Hong Kong China, Singapore, the United States, Mauritius,
Malaysia, Japan, Australia, Botswana, Trinidad and Tobago, the Republic of
Korea, Nicaragua, Niger, Belize, Switzerland, Chinese Taipei, China,
Liechtenstein, Lao PDR, New Zealand, Togo, Thailand, the European Union (on
behalf of its 28 member states), the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia,
Pakistan, Panama, Guyana, Cîte d’Ivoire, Grenada, Saint Lucia and Kenya.This
is a forum where nation can speak unto nation in bringing down barriers to
trade. Unless of course you happen to be an EU member, where instead we have to
go off to Brussels and ask nicely if they would consider raising our concerns
on our behalf. Just imagine that - a global forum on trade where little old
Norway can have a veto and an independent vote, yet the UK, the fifth largest
economy cannot. This is the real top table - this is the real engine of global
trade. This is real global engagement. From this will flow new agreements to
adopt new regulations. The notion that we would be isolated outside the EU
ignores the fact that nobody is isolated - and nations are free to pick and
choose alliances and coalitions according to what suits their most pressing
trade concerns. There are any number of configurations that can rival the EU as
a power - and even the threat of voting against the EU (if we had our own vote)
would be leverage we do not presently have as members. As members we can be
summarily overruled - and we are forced to adopt the common EU position.

Very often that common position is less to do with doing what is best for
global trade than it is protecting the EU's internal economy. Far from engaging
with the world, the EU is putting up more barriers and acting on the global
stage with a view to asserting its own presence rather than working in the
spirit of cooperation. In fact the EU is often criticised by global regulatory
agencies and trade alliances for gold plating regulations specifically to
create further barriers and tilt the playing field in its own favour. It stands
in the way of better regulation and creates administrative burdens where none
previously existed. As it seeks to usurp its own member states, critical
regional expertise is muscled out, depriving the global community of valued
input. For more:

http://leavehq.com/blogview.aspx?blogno=97

------------🌟

Politically correct universities 'are killing free speech'
British universities have become too politically correct and are
stifling free speech by banning anything that causes the least offence to
anyone, academics argue

British universities have become too politically correct and are
stifling free speech by banning anything that causes the least offence to
anyone, a group of leading academics warns on Saturday.

A whole generation of students is being denied the “intellectual
challenge of debating conflicting views” because self-censorship is turning
campuses into over-sanitised “safe spaces”, they say.

Their intervention comes as an Oxford college considers removing a
historic statue of Cecil Rhodes, one of its alumni and benefactors, because he
is regarded as the founding father of apartheid in South Africa.

"The College does not share Cecil Rhodes's values or condone his
racist views or actions."

Oriel College

Oriel College says the statue of Rhodes, on a building he paid for,
jars with the values of a modern university. It is facing a battle with
Historic England, which has listed the statue as an object of historical
interest.
Writing in The Telegraph, the academics, led by Frank Furedi,
professor of sociology at the University of Canterbury, and Joanna Williams,
education editor, Spiked, say it is part of a “long and growing” list of people
and objects banned from British campuses, including pop songs, sombreros and
atheists.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/educationnews/12059161/Politically-correct-universities-are-killing-free-speech.html

------------🌟

Sweden Descends into Anarchy

by Ingrid Carlqvist
November 13, 2015 at 5:00 am
http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/6865/sweden-anarchy
Translation of the original text: Sverige pÄ vÀg mot anarki
Translated by Maria Celander

956

Comment (
40)

Translations of this item:

Danish
Dutch
German
Italian

Polish
Portuguese
Spanish

"You have to understand that Swedes are really scared when an
asylum house opens in their village. They can see what has happened in other
places." — Salesman for alarm systems.
Since Parliament decided in 1975 that Sweden should be
multicultural and not Swedish, crime has exploded. Violent crime has increased
by over 300% and rapes have increased by an unbelievable 1,472%.
Many Swedes see the mass immigration as a forced marriage: Sweden
is forced to marry a man she did not choose, yet she is expected to love and
honor him, even though he beats her and treats her badly. Her parents (the
government) tell her to be warm and show solidarity with him.
"Are the State and I now in agreement that our mutual contract is
being renegotiated?" — Alexandra von Schwerin, whose farm who was robbed three
times. Police refused to help.

Once upon a time, there was a safe welfare state called Sweden,
where people rarely locked their doors.
Now, this country is a night-watchman state -- each man is on his
own. When the Minister of Justice, Morgan Johansson, encourages breaking the
law, it means opening the gates toanarchy. Mr. and Mrs. Swede have every reason
to be worried, with the influx of 190,000 unskilled and unemployed migrants
expected this year -- equivalent to 2% of Sweden's current population. The
number is as if 6.4 million penniless migrants who did not speak English
arrived in U.S. in one year, or 1.3 million in Britain.
And the Swedes are preparing: demand for firearms licenses is
increasing; more and more Swedes are joining shooting clubs and starting
vigilante groups. After a slight dip in 2014, the number of new gun permits has
gone up significantly again this year. According to police statistics, there
are 1,901,325 licensed guns, owned by 567,733 people, in Sweden. Add to this an
unknown number of illegal weapons. To get a gun permit in Sweden, you need to
be at least 18 years old; law-abiding; well-behaved, and have a hunting license
or be a member of an approved shooting club. In 2014, 11,000 people got a
hunting license: 10% more than the year before. One out of five was a woman.
For more:

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/6865/sweden-anarchy

That's all for now!

Caroline Stephens

Please feel free to follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/CasAnnStephens

Mobile no. 0744 356 1958

Speech from Northern Ireland 21st November, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1CZS7lIcwg&feature=youtu.be

ᐧ

ᐧ

PNG image