[passtartoursgroup] Tonight is the Last night at DBG Luminaria

  • From: Terri <starstuff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Terri Finch <events@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 11:30:43 -0700

Good morning Telescope Team,

I see we have a mixed forecast for today, so I'd like to have *4 scopes and
a presenter* head down to DBG tonight.

Here's the forecast and Sam's suggestion.

Terri, the following are 8 weather forecasts for cloud cover tonight at DBG:

NOAA                    37-50%

Clearsky                10%

TWC                       10%

Accuweather            69-45%

Intellicast                0-5%

Skippysky              5%

Weatherundergd     0-1%

Weather bug          37-47%

The above show 5 good clear forecasts and 3 bad cloudy forecasts.  The
probability is for good viewing but we can't count on it since we don't
have the majority of 6 good forecasts that Alex
and I noted in our weather studies.  I have to agree with Don that we
should have 1 presenter just in case.   The wind is less than 5 mph and
only 1 forecasted a possibility of rain
weatherbug said 16% chance of rain.  Since the other 7 did not forecast a
chance of rain until around midnight, we should be ok, but to be safe *one
may want to bring an emergency tarp*.

Kevin suggests the following and I agree:

It looks like a mixed up forecast for tonight. May have some clouds

I'd suggest for tonight that we go with 4 scopes and a presenter.

I'm primary presenter tonight, so I suggest that the set up be:

*Terry 5" Overlook*
*Sam 8" Overlook*
*Don 8" Ramada*
*Roger 16" at the Top of the Hill*

** Kevin Presenter at the Ramada*

Mike has the night off
Pete has the night off

Let's do it! And Let's make this last night there, just as awesome as all
the rest of the nights!

Many thanks to my Telescope Team.

Susan, since Kevin will be at the Ramada, as long as your clean
up/organizing group didn't move the table, it should still be there, as it
was there last night at the Ramada, and so were the lights. Double check on
the table, and all should be good.

And thank you Susan for mailing the check. No changes need to be made to
this one. I will send you the review list of who attended for the past 5
days, so you have a record of it.

Everyone have a super, awesome Tuesday!
Keep warm, and please note, there is a huge winter storm warning for Dec
31/Jan 1, in which they are predicting high winds, very cold temperatures,
and lots of rain. And yes, it is due to come into the area midnight, or
tomorrow morning. So, everyone be safe and careful driving home.

Many thanks to Sam for all the updates on the weather, through all the 16
Luminaria events. : )

Terri, Event Coordinator

Visit the P.A.S. Facebook
Visit my Music Page:  <http://betterfly.com/pro/musicbyterri>Private Music