[passtartoursgroup] Re: Luminaria at DBG

  • From: Terri <starstuff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Star Tours Group <passtartoursgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2015 02:13:24 -0700

Good early morning, 1:51am Thursday morning.
I want to get a feel for who wants to do the Luminaria event, and
what to expect.
Back when I agreed to do the 2015 Luminaria event, I asked the Star Tour
Members to send me back an email saying they can meet the dress code, make
it to the event on time, and tell me what they can provide. I can't find
those emails, so I'm asking for this info again. Send it back in this
format to help me set this up.

I currently count 24 events
I count 11 scopes
2 presenters
4 Runners

So, help me get this correct.
Copy and paste this next paragraph list, with your answers, in your return
email.

*What scope can you provide? (size/type)*
*Can you be a Back up Scope (on call)? Y/N*
*What Presentation can you do? *
*Can you be a back up Presenter (on call)? *
*Are you interested in being a Runner? Y/N*
*Can you be a Back up Runner (on call)? Y/N*
*Do you mind if I ask you to be an RSVP for the event? Y/N*

This will help me make a chart to share between the group, for anyone
looking for a
replacement for their night, they are assigned to. If you sign up for a
night, and something comes up that you can't do it, you need to find a
replacement for your position, and this allows me to know who can do what
and when.

Remember, if you don't answer this email, you are not approved to be one of
the scopes at the Luminaria events. I need to know this info. Thank you!

Hope everyone is having a spectacular Thursday!
Terri, Event Coordinator

More discussion will happen on this topic at the Meeting of the Minds on
July 11, this Saturday at Mike's house. Please attend if you want to know
more about the Luminaria events and because we are voting on something
important that the members should be involved for.

As an example, here are my answers to the questions:

What scope can you provide? (size) 8" SCT
Can you be a Back up Scope (on call)? Y/N Maybe - Depends on the day
What Presentation can you do? None
Can you be a back up Presenter (on call)? No
Are you interested in being a Runner? Yes
Can you be a Back up Runner (on call)? Yes
Do you mind if I ask you to be an RSVP for the event? Y/N Yes

Send me your answers by the deadline of *Wednesday July 15th.* I will give
you 1 week to reply.

FYI: I have posted the Luminaria events to the public and private sites, as
well as updated the forum thread on this topic. Please DO NOT SIGN UP just
yet. I'm waiting on a reply from Susan as to which events we are doing for
sure. She gave me 4 extra days, and then said not to include them, but
wasn't clear which ones to remove, so we have to wait until confirmation,
before we start our sign up process. Thank you for your patience. I will
let you know when, and we will have several days for each sign up
opportunity.

Mike & Kevin, do not sign up as presenters. Tell me at this weekend's MOM"s
which dates you can not do, and we will swap you back and forth as to who
does the events as a presenter, like we did last year. I will set that up
after talking to you this weekend. Every other day is Mike, then Kevin,
then Mike, etc...as the main presenter.

Ok, it is after 2am, I think i should go to bed now. Sweet Dreams Telescope
Team!

On Sun, Apr 12, 2015 at 6:40 AM, <insanas@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Don brings up an excellent point. I think one way to address the issue is
to get a head count on how many PAS star tour members want to do DBG
lumiaria nights.
For example, if there are 12 of us who want to do it, and there are 16
nights of luminaria, with 4 telescopes per night, that makes 64 spots
available for 12 people.
that means each of us should choose approximately 5 nights. The first
round each of us should have one week to choose up to two spots once the
rsvp's open. The second round round each of us has another one week to
choose up to another 2 spots. The third round each of us has another week
to choose one or two spots depending how many spots are left.
Because of conflicts with other things happening throughout the holidays
from Thanksgiving until New Years, some of us may not choose all 2 spots
each of the first 2 rounds,
making the third round more likely to have us choosing more than one spot
each. Anyway, that appears to be a fair way to do it. Take care, Sam