[passtartoursgroup] Apr 10 email should have gone through Star Tours group only - so here it is

  • From: Terri <starstuff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Star Tours Group <passtartoursgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 11:31:45 -0700

Eric writes:

The star party is listed from 6 to 9.  Sunset is just before 7, so it will
be 7:45 to 8:00 before anything is showable.  Even the moon doesn’t rise
until 12:45 AM.  Does 6:00 mean the setup time?

Thx.

Terri writes:

Apr 10

set up is at *5pm* to catch the setting sun for those scopes with solar
capabilities, or PST's.

http://www.pasaz.org/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=1616&day=2015-4-10

Thank you Eric for noting the time, i forgot to add that Erin likes to have
solar viewing before her event.

Pizza and $25 are being provided.
Location is just north of Cactus/Tbird on Cave Creek rd.

Some members last year brought additional stuff to do prior to sundown,
such as Kevin had a great display of his rocket collection. I was hoping if
he attended again, he could bring another display for during sun up and
through dusk and then put it away once it got dark enough to do the evening
viewing.

I will be doing Q&A & possibly a scope
William can do PST and his scope

We also had Alex there last year with his PST.
The food was great, they took great care of us.
And the people there were very interested and hung out right to the end of
the event.

so set up is 5pm with pizza and
with solar viewing

then evening viewing 7pm to 9pm

Eric, i see your point. i'm asking Erin right now if we can do 6pm set up
with solar and pizza, and then 7- 9 for the evening viewing. I realize that
will only give us 1 hour of dark time, but we have a line up of
Venus, mars
Orion and Jui9pter all available by about 7pm,
plus
at this location, we can see to the horizon for the West view.
It's the East view that has a small mountain in the way. And nothing of
great interest to the public (planets, moon, Orion) will be rising at that
time, so we are good to the East.

Let me investigate this further.
I may move the set up time to 6pm after i get a response from Erin.

Thanks for asking.
Terri
Everyone reading this have a super astronomical Friday.

Visit the P.A.S. Facebook
Visit my Music Page: Private Music Instructor
<http://www.MusicLessonsbyTerri.com> & Music Facebook