[passcoalition] Re: FW: Phone Message regarding 7th Avenue/23rd street safety improvements

  • From: Gene Bourquin DHA <oandmhk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <passcoalition@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 15:17:17 -0400

They have consistently put DWS at medians, sometimes poorly and sometimes they
have not, but that was just standard stuff and the very most basic of issues.

Gene

From: karen.gourgey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: passcoalition@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [passcoalition] Re: FW: Phone Message regarding 7th Avenue/23rd street
safety improvements
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 19:07:26 +0000

They didn’t pay attention to a lot, they did commit to warning strips at the
medians, but obviously, that’s not enough. Karen  Karen Luxton Gourgey Ed.D.,
Director
Computer Center for Visually Impaired People
Baruch College, City University of New York
One Bernard Baruch Way, Box H-0648
New York, NY 10010
Phone: (646) 312-1426
From: karen.gourgey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: passcoalition@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
safety improvements
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 16:13:30 +0000The other piece of good news is that she
has expressed in writing that she looks forward to working with us on safety
concerns at this and other locations, so maybe, we could actually have a
conversation with her once we’ve confirmed our issues. Karen  Karen Luxton
From: karen.gourgey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: passcoalition@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
safety improvements
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 15:37:13 +0000Here’s their response.  We can all check it
out at the same time. Karen  Karen Luxton Gourgey Ed.D., Director