[passcoalition] Catching Up

  • From: Karen Gourgey <karen.gourgey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'passcoalition@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <passcoalition@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 00:15:26 +0000

Hello All,

I've been out of circulation for awhile, having been stranded in Tucson for
three days longer than planned, ours being one of those 5,000 cancelled
flights!

So, Mike, Carl and Pratik, have any of you received the summary that Matt
promised to send?  It will be three weeks Thursday, since we met with them.

I got a nice note back from Ms. Newman.  She likes the idea of our creating a
"national model," by working together with them.  We'll see.

A couple of other items: we have a list of attendees to that first LH town
meeting, and we need to get a mechanism for keeping those folk in the loop.
Would someone be willing to take on the task of writing them with a summary of
where we are?

 We need to have next steps in mind, so we can keep DOT and the Mayor's Office
aware that we aren't going away.    I'd also like to find ways to build some
publicity without making DOT into the enemy, (at least not at this moment.)
Ideas?

Finally, I think, I mentioned that Project ACTION (Accessible community
Transportation in our Nation,) was soliciting applications for a grant from
people involved in community transportation coalitions.  Well, it's not money
they're offering, it's their technical assistance, which I'm not sure we need.
For anyone who wants to check it out go to
http://www.projectaction.org
and look up Community Transportation coalitions.

Guess that's it for the moment.

Let's hear it for PASS success in 2011.

Karen

Karen Luxton Gourgey Ed.D., Director
Computer Center for Visually Impaired People
Baruch College, City University of New York
One Bernard Baruch Way, Box H-0648
New York, NY 10010
Phone: (646) 312-1426
Fax: (646) 312-1421