[passcoalition] 7th Avenue/23rd street safety improvements

  • From: Ken Stewart <cclvi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: passcoalition@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 15:01:28 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you too Gene.
  Trunkated dome strips have been a federal requirement whenever a renovation
occurs since 2004, although the City has been ignoring that requirement in many
instances.
  I recall discussions many years ago in the Access Board's Public Rights of
Way Access Advisory Committee, the value of a smaller corner radius for the
reasons you mention- slowing down turning vehicles, and permitting better
pedestrian alignment with proper direction of crossing.
  My description of "bus bulbs" draws on the plans for 34th Street
intersections.