[pasmembers] Re: Weather observation

  • From: Terri <starstuff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PAS Members ListServ <pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 10:32:17 -0700

Eric and Telescope Team for BMC Thursday,

An awesome, astronomical Wednesday to all!

I'm keeping an eye on the clouds and Tropical Storm Amanda, as she floats
into our atmosphere and leaves behind clouds that may cancel some events
this weekend.

Please, send me updates on weather.
If you want to wait until tomorrow morning for the Thursday forecast, and
then Friday morning for the Friday forecast, that is fine, but I'd like to
request that someone send out something to give me an idea about the events
this weekend and how weather may affect them.

I know for BMC, we can call that on or off by 4pm, but for DBG, they need
to know in the morning hours.

Let me know what you know about the weather, please. Thanks so much. I
won't make any calls on the events, until I know more.
And the weather on tv isn't looking food for Thur and Fri events.

But as Eric mentioned in the update he sent, we could still do the BMC
event if the weather is looking good for the later part of all the events
if we know it will be clearing later in the evenings. : )

Have a spectacular Wednesday!
This has been a rough week. But, I'm getting a ton of stuff done, that
hasn't been done for weeks. Like cleaning house.

Terri, Event Coordinator for PAS Events

On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 9:18 AM, Eric Steinberg <eric@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Hi -
>
> There is a low pressure system over eastern AZ that will gradually move
> eastward and out over the next 36 hours.  There remains a wide variety of
> opinion among forecasters as to exactly when that will happen tomorrow,
> ranging from 5 or 6 pm to after midnight.  There's a good chance it will be
> earlier in the evening, so we may be OK.  And remember, it doesn't really
> get dark until after 8:30, so even if it's cloudy at 7 it might clear in
> time to still be able to observe.
>
> Obviously, tomorrow we'll know more.
>
> Eric

Visit the P.A.S.