[pasmembers] The news you have been waiting for

  • From: Terri <cosmicstarstuff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: List Serve <pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 15:53:03 -0700 (PDT)

Good afternoon PAS Members,

I have, as of right now,completed all the emails I was behind on. I'm currently
up to date.

I will take care of Tim's transit photo possibly now, if i can get it done
before
William gets home...

I will finish working with Don on the newsletter. The goal is to get it out
this weekend.

I will get the PVCC schedule completed and off to Jenny for processing
(thanks so much for all the input), today, I hope.
Jenny, we need to inform Loretta that we added another star party at BMC
(Black Mountain Campus) for Dec 13, 2012. Thanks.

I will complete the interview with the input I got from everyone
for Bookmans, probably next week.

Now, it is your turn.

If you haven't, and would like to...

I'm collecting photos and reviews of

Solar Eclipse of May 20

Venus Transit June 5

This is the last call for those items to be sent my way. The goal that Don
and I have sent, is to have the Sepcial Edition Newsletter completed and posted
by Aug 1, so please dont' wait until Aug 1 to get those items to me. I'm
stealing
away about a week of time from you. I realize yoru deadline is a month away, but
the sooner you get them to me, the sooner I can get them posted. And, I won't
have days to sit at my computer working on this for much longer. I haven't done
my 2011 taxes. I have to get that done as well. So, send them to me now.

Some folk have sent me CD's of the photos and reviews. That's great. If you
wish to do it that way, due to having a lot of CD's to send over, please send
them to the new PAS address:
Phoenix Astronomical Society
3039 W. Peoria Ave 102-188
Phoenix AZ 85029

Drop me an email to let me know they are on the way here, and I will send
a return email when I receive them. Thanks to everyone who has contributed
to these events.

I didn't receive many Solar Eclipse photos or reviews. If you took any pictures,
even if it was of people at your event, send them over. We are making a special
edition of the newsletter which will only be those two events. The more photos,
the better. And I'd like to run 1 photo, your choice, your favorite, from each
event,
to share, in the newsletter. The rest of the photos will go in the PAS Photo
Gallery.

I've posted what i have thus far in the photo gallery. Here are the links:

Venus Transit:
http://www.pasaz.org/forums/gallery.php?g2_itemId=11385 ;

Solar Eclipse
http://www.pasaz.org/forums/gallery.php?g2_itemId=10705 ;

If you look through the photos, notice they are in order of alphabetical based
on
the first name of the person who took the photo. Then by image name. So, if
Megan, for example wants to find her images, she would need to go to page 2, I
believe, where alphabetically her names fits.

If you need to change a photo's caption for any reason, your photos only please,
then drop me an email with the changes. I will make the changes.

So, if you have anything else to send me for these two events or any other
events you have attended this summer, that you might have taken photos for or
enjoyed
enough to write a review, send them over. I'm still working on this project.

And thanks to everyone who has contributed. We have some really awesome
reviews, and some really fantastic photos. You guys are good photographers!

Terri, Event Coordinator

Collecting articles for September issue.
Do you have something astronomy related you'd like to sell?
Write up an ad, with all the needed info, send it and photos
by email to me so we can get it ready for the September issue.
Your deadline is Aug 15.

Also, I didn't receive that many reviews of the trip several of you made
to the Antenna's site on June 16. Send me your reviews. This article
will go into the September issue. Same deadline as above.

Have a super weekend!

Visit the P.A.S. Blog & My Facebook
Private Music Instructor, Ascent Vending Company
Healthy, Wealthy & Wise with Acai Berry