[pasmembers] Re: Message from Jenny

  • From: Tim Jones <timj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 16:09:07 -0700

How's this:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

The Phoenix Astronomical Society members take great pride in our ability to
perform public star parties and astronomical outreach programs in association
with Paradise Value Community College's Physics and Astronomy programs and
students.  There are a few considerations that must be taken into account when
performing these events.  Because we are working to provide education and
entertainment to attendees that are usually new to astronomy, such events must
be held at a location that is easily traveled to, safe, comfortable, and near
facilities for the public.  Additionally, environments that are sensitive to
the darkness requirements of sharing the night skies and a secure area for
exhibiting our telescopes and collection is important to us as presenting
amateur astronomers.

Through the charity of Paradise Value Community College towards the members of
PAS, the PVCC Black Mountain campus with the new telescope pad offers just such
a location for these types of events.

Tim