[pasmembers] Re: Fwd: Jeff Hopkins hposoft.com site

  • From: Don Boyd <azphotog@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2015 12:45:09 -0700

There is a site nicknamed "the way back Machine" that does archive a lot
of stuff on the internet and they do have an archive of his site...the URL
is https://web.archive.org/web/20150801180634/http://hposoft.com/

Unless somebody tells them to take it down it should be a permanent archive
of his site.

On Fri, Sep 4, 2015 at 7:56 AM, Leah S <lphxaz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Don and William, thanks for the update. I will tell the guy who asked
about it.

On 9/4/2015 5:10 AM, William Finch wrote:

I knew hard heard at ASU West that he wasn't doing well. Sadly, found this
via a Google search.

From: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/uticaod/obituary.aspx?pid=175514200

Jeffrey lost a long battle with cancer on July 28, 2015. Born on January
11, 1940, in Ilion, NY, he joined the USMC and was honorably discharged in
1968. He graduated from Syracuse University. He worked for General Electric
Company for 13 years and Motorola Government Electronics Department for 10
years. He has several dozen papers published plus 6 technical books on
astronomy and one family history. He is survived by two younger sisters and
their families, Pamela Rose and Erin Dunckel. He is also survived by two
children and their families, Stephanie Ann Schramm and Charlie Ryan
Hopkins. A Celebration of Life Gathering was held on August 8, 2015, at
Haus Murphy's in Glendale, AZ.
Published in The Observer-Dispatch on Aug. 16, 2015
- See more at:
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/uticaod/obituary.aspx?pid=175514200#sthash.Evlag4Fs.dpuf

On Fri, Sep 4, 2015 at 3:43 AM, Don Boyd <azphotog@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I don't know anything about his website, but he is on Facebook
occasionally, last post of his I think was a few weeks ago. I cannot be
more exact than that. I just went to that website and the host was tucows
and they say it has expired. Jeff is a member of SAC so they may know more
about it.

Don

On Fri, Sep 4, 2015 at 3:24 AM, Leah S < <lphxaz@xxxxxxxxx>
lphxaz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

does anyone know anything about this?

-------- Forwarded Message -------- Subject: Jeff Hopkins hposoft.com
site Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 10:18:41 -0400 From: John Wendler
<wendlerjrv@xxxxxxxxx><wendlerjrv@xxxxxxxxx> <wendlerjrv@xxxxxxxxx> To:
Astronomy-Questions@xxxxxxxxx

I was researching photometry sites and came across the hposoft site.
There was a lot of good circuit detail information there on building a
photometer, as well as some good IAPPP content.

That all seems to have disappeared.

Do you know Jeff Hopkins? Is the information still available?

Thanks,

JP