[pasmembers] Re: Bookmans Interview Question #7

  • From: Terri <cosmicstarstuff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 10:11:31 -0700 (PDT)

Leah,
You are awesome, thank you.
I'm planning to complete this interview this week sometime.
Thanks for the input. Hope you are having a super Sunday!

Visit the P.A.S. Blog & My Facebook
Private Music Instructor, Ascent Vending Company
Healthy, Wealthy & Wise with Acai Berry

>________________________________

by Terence Dickinson is my favorite.  Also "40 Nights to Knowing the Sky"
by Fred Schaaf, and "Skywatching" by David Levy.  all are available at the
public library.

>2. use binoculars - any pair that you happen to
have around the house will do for starters.  if you don't already have
binoculars and want to get some that are good for astronomy, look for a good
10x50 one.  camera stores are a good place to buy them.  (the
salesperson in dept stores might not be as knowledgeable about the quality of
the binoculars.)

>3. use sky charts to learn the
constellations.  you can download one for free from the website of Sky
& Telescope (www.skyandtelescope.com) or from the
PAS website (http://www.pasaz.org/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=76)

>4. view the Astronomy Picture of the Day (www.apod.com) and while you're
>there, browse some
past ones too!  each picture has an expert description of what you are
seeing, and links to further information.