[Pack163] Re: June Pack Activity - Leave No Trace Award

  • From: <jc3656@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <pack163@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 16:36:37 -0500

1 car - 3 people max

From: pack163-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:pack163-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Rob Landquist
Sent: Friday, June 10, 2011 10:53 PM
To: pack163@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Pack163] June Pack Activity - Leave No Trace Award

Happy Summer!

We have an exciting event planned for our June Pack Activity!

On Sunday, June 26th, from 1:30-4:00pm, we will be meeting at Fox River
Park.

We will be working on earning the Cub Scout Leave No Trace Awareness Award.

The requirements vary for each rank, so please refer to the requirements
listed towards the back of each handbook.

We will not be able to complete all the requirements at this one outing, but
we will complete several of them.

We will meet in the parking lot of the Park Office building.  The 1st 30
minutes or so, I will be teaching the Leave No Trace Principles, then we
will participate in a Leave No Trace related service project.  Specifically,
we will be helping the park by spreading wood chips along one of the trails.
This is related to Leave No Trace guideline #2 - Stick to trails.

Here are more of the details for the day:

The park office is the 1st building on the right as you enter the park.

We do not need to pay the entrance fee because we are volunteering. Parking
passes will be provided.

Restrooms and drinking fountains are available.

Dress appropriately for the weather: long pants, sturdy shoes, hat, sun
screen, bug spray, etc.

Bring a water bottle, so you stay well hydrated.

Tools and gloves will be provided by the park.

Here is a link to the park information page:
http://www.waukeshacounty.gov/defaultwc.aspx?id=39633

This will be a very FUN day, and a chance to earn an award that is often
over looked!

We need to get a count of people that will be attending to the park, so they
can have the tools and gloves ready, and create the parking passes for us.

Please respond to Jenny or I by Friday, June 17th with your count. Remember,
the more the better!  Family, friends, everyone is welcome to join us, just
include the count of people and cars.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Yours in Scouting,

Rob and Jenny Landquist

rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

jenny@xxxxxxxxxxxxx