[PA28235] Re: Tach time

  • From: Ralph Yenne <sv81@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pa28235@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 19:03:04 -0800

No, hobs time is actual, from oil pressure and master on , to open circuit at
end of flight.  Tach time is an RPM counter only.  Tach time is
almost always less than actual, particularly if not a trainer, and with CS
prop, you decrease RPM in cruise.
Based on my 235 experience, I'd say a 1500 tach time plane has probably 1700 to
1800 hours actual time.

Peddlescoffee@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Does tach time equal hours? Put another way, does 1.00 elapsed on a tach
> equal 1 hour?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Murray
>
> - - -
> Previously sent messages (archives):
> //www.freelists.org/archives/pa28235/
> "unsubscribe" (without the quotes) in the Subject line of the email.

- - -