[PA28235] Re: Memo from Jane Garvey...

  • From: "Ron Brown" <235cherokee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pa28235@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 22:29:19 -0800

Yikes! Politicians really are stupid!

In 1970, the Airline Pilot's Association demanded that cockpit doors be
secured, and that armed sky marshals be on every flight.

Rather than address the real vulnerabilities, they chose to treat every
passenger as a threat, while they let evil immigrants into our country, and
even financed their educations!

Just prior to the attacks, they vetoed secure doors and nitrogen in the fuel
tanks, again!

Rather than have a real leader in the FAA, someone like Phil Boyer, or an
airline president, or a successful FBO owner, they chose politically correct
"minorities" such as a woman in personnel! No knowledge of aviation,
whatsoever! The average, newly coined, private pilot, knows more!

So let's have her get the public flying again! First, they will X-ray the hell
out of you, take computer enhanced digital photos that look through your
clothes, treat you as a threat, while some minimum wage Muslim, confiscates
your tweezers, or whatever!

The airlines are now doomed!

My point is, this woman was asleep, or never conscious, on this job. What she
wanted to bring to the table, was "speeding tickets" for pilots! And she gave
her girlfriend a great FAA quarter-mil job, in charge of scheduled space-flight!

At least she had the sense, to be friendly with Phil Boyer!

But it is way too late! Did they ban Ryder rental trucks, after they were used
as a weapon? No!

I hope some day, normalcy can be restored to our great country, and that we
will be able to put genuine, knowledgeable people, in important positions, such
as head of the FAA!

Of course, as an eternal patriot, and armed force vetreran, I will heed these
directives. But at the same time, these things weigh heavily on my mind!

  From: The Administrator Reply to Attn. of:
  To: U.S. Public-Use Airports
  As you know, the Federal Bureau of Investigation issued a second security
alert warning that more terrorist attacks may be carried out against U.S.
targets. To support active air defense in airspace adjacent to sites where
these attacks may be targeted, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has
issued flight restrictions through November 7, 2001. This extraordinary action
is necessary to protect the lives of U.S. citizens and the Nation's critical
infrastructure. There are nearly 500 airports, as well as the people who use
those airports, within the 10-mile restriction zones. The FAA believes it is
necessary to restrict unscheduled operations in the national airspace system to
reduce the number of aircraft in the area should an active air defense response
be necessary. This action is not directed towards the operators of the affected
airports or the people who are based onsite.

  In addition, as we all continue to remain vigilant and mindful of the
situation around us, we thought it might be useful to once again publish some
information we sent out earlier concerning airfield and aircraft security. I
have attached that information to this memorandum and urge you to read and
distribute it as appropriate.

  These are particularly challenging times for those of us in the aviation
business. As always, we appreciate your cooperation and understanding as we
make important decisions to maintain national security while also preserving
air commerce.

  Jane F. Garvey

  Attachment

  - - - -

  AIRFIELD AND AIRCRAFT SECURITY IN
  THE WAKE OF THE TERRORIST ATTACKS

  Following the September 11, 200 1, multiple terrorist attacks against U.S.
civil air carriers, involving the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, the FAA
is advising of the potential for follow-on terrorist attacks.

  As we have done on several occasions in the past, the FAA is seeking your
cooperation in helping to safeguard the air transportation system. We are
raising the security posture at all Part 107 airports throughout the United
States. We believe that it is prudent to inform airport and airfield operators
of our concern. Accordingly, to help keep public and private airfields safe and
secure during the foreseeable future, we need your help.

  IF YOU ARE THE OWNER OR OPERATOR OF AN AIRFIELD PLEASE:
  Distribute this circular to all organizations, which have a regular presence
on the airfield.
  Contact your local law enforcement agency and verify the procedures you would
use to report any suspicious activity at your airfield.
  Promptly report information indicating possible criminal activity to your
local law enforcement agency.

  PERSONS INVOLVED IN OPERATING, SERVICING OR RENTING SMALL AIRCRAFT SHOULD BE
ON THE LOOK-OUT FOR:
  - Aircraft with unusual or unauthorized modifications;
  - Persons loitering for extended periods in the vicinity of parked aircraft
or in air operations areas;
  - Pilots who appear to be under the control of other persons;
  - Persons wishing to obtain aircraft without presenting proper credentials or
persons who present apparently valid credentials but do not have a
corresponding level of aviation knowledge; or

  - Anything that doesn't look right! (i.e. events or circumstances which do
not fit the pattern of lawful normal activity at your airport.)

  REMEMBER: If you see something highly dangerous, such as weapons or
explosives, being loaded on an aircraft; or if you have other reason to believe
that a serious crime or some sort of attack is about to occur, immediately call
local law enforcement authorities!

  AND CALL YOUR NEAREST FBI OFFICE