[overture] Re: deforming grid PDE solver

  • From: jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: overture@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 00:49:38 -0400

Hi Bill,

Hmm I agree, though I had thought move2.C was a bit complicated and wasn't
sure what exactly it was doing, so I more used deform.C to make my guess
at how to deform the grids...But yeah I can take a pass at making a test
code which is a bit simpler...maybe I'll try advection-diffusion first
with explicit and then with implicit stepping, since updating the solver
should "probably" be trickier. For the deforming boundary I'll probably
first use some kind of spline that deforms in a pre-defined way and try to
build a HyperbolicMapping off of it...if that doesn't work I'll back-pedal
and try something simpler...

Best,
Jacob