[overture] Re: Version 23 released

  • From: Bill Henshaw <henshaw@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: overture@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 18:50:47 -0700

Hi Dominic,

  For now you should assume that the fluid-structure examples
in cgmp are NOT correct. We still need to finish the implementation
and verification/validation of the approach and write up a
paper and documentation (that should answer your questions).

Regards,
  Bill

#DOMINIC DENVER JOHN CHANDAR# wrote:
Hi Bill,

Thanks for yet another release ! Looks like there are a couple of
examples for the structural deformation. I havnt installed them yet..
But I have a couple of queries
1. Are the elasticity equations, an unsteady implementation ?
2. I see that in cgmp there is a fluid-solid interaction. Is the
coupling explicit (fluid separate, solid separate and then exchange
information) or implicit (fluid-solid solved as a coupled system) ?

Cant wait to run all of them !
Cheers,
Dominic

   #6.

==============================
Overture.v23 - released  March 13, 2009

Changes:

    o NOTE: Comments in command files can now begin with # or *

    o The new version of A++/P++ supports arrays that can have 2^63 =
9e18 elements, the previous version was
      limited to 2^31 = 2e9 elements.

    o ** Data base files now contain the Overture version number they
were created with. If you are unable
      to read an old file with a newer version of Overture, Overture
will tell you which older version to use.
    o fixed bug in plotting sequences in the show file.
    o fixed a bug in Oges -- the initial guess for iterative solvers was
not being assigned properly
      for the case of systems of equations.
    o there is a new example in Overture/primer/gridPrint.C that reads a
grid from a data base and
      outputs the grid information to a plain text file.
    o commands generated by perl in command files can now contain a
comment line (starting with a '*' or '#')
    o the 2d contour plotter now has an option for flat-shading (toggle
button) where the colour of each
      grid cell is constant (based on the average values at the 4
vertices)
    o fixed a bug in ogen that caused the hole-cutting to fail in some
special cases in 2D
      (cutHolesNew.bC, line 2241)
    o fixed the hyperbolic grid generator so that it handles start
curves that are "derivative" periodic
    o fixed a bug in Oges.C for predefined equations with mixed-BC's in
which sometimes the system was
      wrongly thought to be singular.
    o fixed a bug in ReductionMapping.C -- the inverseMap was not
correct.
    o fixed a bug in the mixed/aDotGradu/generalized-mixed BC on
curvilinear grids -- a matrix was built
      and saved to hold the BC but this matrix was not updated if the
coefficents of the mixed BC changed.
    o the option was added to the grid plotter to colour grids by domain
number (for multi-domain grids)
    o there is a coefficient matrix example in tests/tcmge.C, that shows
how to fill in arbitrary equations.
    o there is a new displayCoeff function to display elements in a
coefficient matrix in a nice way.
    o the new version of Ogen can be used to generate grids in parallel
for many cases (some hard cases
      that require backup interpolation will not work yet).

======================
cg.v23 -- released March 13, 2009

Changes:

    o userDefinedMotion.C : the object params has been renamed to
parameters.
    o userDefinedBoundaryValues.C : the getBoundaryData(..) functions
are now in parameters.getBoundaryData(...)
    o There is now an option to save solution values over time at
specified points using "probes". This information
      is written to a text file that can be plotted with the matlab
script plotProbes.m
    o There have been many changes to cgmp. There now many examples of
conjugate heat transfer problems that
      couple fluid flows and heat transfer.
    o The solid mechanics solver cgsm is starting to acquire some
capabilities.