[overture] Re: Overture w/o Graphic Support

  • From: Bill Henshaw <henshaw@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelists <overture@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 07:33:03 -0800

Hi Erik,

I am curious as to why you want to build Overture without the graphics support.
All programs can be run in "batch mode" without graphics showing.

That said, there is no easy way to strip out X11 or OpenGL. However, note that
  (1) All X11 code should be found in the single file mogl.C
  (2) All OpenGL should be found in the files in Overture/Ogshow

If you supply empty versions of the functions in mogl.C and empty versions
of the graphics functions such as contour, streamLines etc. in the Ogshow
directory then I guess that you should be able to run without X11 and OpenGL.

Regards,
  Bill

Erik Wilson wrote:
Hello again,

I am interested in building Overture without any X11/OpenGL dependencies. Has anyone already done this? Any pointers or tips on where to start?

Cheers,
 -Erik