[overture] Re: C++ GUI open motif Overture

  • From: Mike Singer <msinger2006@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "overture@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <overture@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 09:19:34 -0800

Hi Mostafa,

If you're not bound to C++, you might consider writing your GUI in Java.
Java has many well-written libraries for creating GUIs (e.g., Swing) that
make it straightforward and quick to write GUIs.  You can also call C++
code from Java using, for example, RMI or straight from the command-line.
Java also has built-in capabilities for multi-threading, which is nice for
writing GUIs.

Regarding libraries for C++, you might consider Qt.

Mike