[overture] Re: 3d wing in a box

  • From: Yongsheng Lian <yongshenglian@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: overture@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 12:55:42 -0500

Hi Bill,

  I guess I have to go back to the original question I asked.

  The code you gave works fine for thick airfoils with round leading
and trailing edge. I tried to reduce the thickness to a few percent,
2% for example, it did not get an overlapping grid.  I noticed that
you use mapping from normal to get the volume grid. I looked at the
volume grid for both caps, the outer boundary surface are skewed.
This is very similar to the situation with o-grid when the airfoil is
thin.  Is there a way the users can control the quality of the outer
boundary grid distribution?

Yongsheng