[OMB] y'all come/ OMB] Re: Gathering of Brewers at the River House - August 15, 2015

  • From: Joseph <joseph_wentz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: overmountain brewers <overmountainbrewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 13:27:07 -0400

Brewers,
all set up, good weather ordered up, there's a table for beer and a table for
other.
remember the des. driver/ club policy/ ok--plan to spend the night...
call me today if questions 276-889-2741; otherwise, I will be @ the river
house sat. by mid morning, and the phone
does not ring at the river house. Poor reception/ so I'm told. I'm proud of
that.
bring a friend,
joe

Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 06:54:26 -0400
Subject: [OMB] Re: Gathering of Brewers at the River House - August 15, 2015
From: wildchild75@xxxxxxxxx
To: overmountainbrewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Overmountian Brewers,Please let me know if anyone plans on bring kegs on
Saturday. I want to check and see if the Jockey box will be needed.
I hope to see you guys there!Donna
On Sat, Aug 1, 2015 at 11:30 AM, Wild Child <wildchild75@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Overmountain Brewers,Don't forget this month's meeting will be at the River
House, where Joe Wentz has planned an even for all Brewers.
See the info below that is from the attached flyer for details and let Joe know
if you have any questions. Look forward to seeing you there!Donna

Gathering of Brewers at the River House

Rain or shine

August
15, 2015

15506 Mendota Road

(~8 miles west of Abingdon)

Over
Mountain brewers, beer and wine makers, friends, family and wantabe brewers are
invited to an informal cookout at the river house on the North Fork Holston
River. Joseph Wentz

Come for the day, the meal, or the entire
weekend. The purpose is to just relax
and enjoy the moment, and of course, talk about and enjoy homemade/ craft
brewed beverages. This event serves as
the August meeting of the Overmountain Brewers; however, cider, mead, wine
makers, and anyone thinking about any fermentation, are also invited. (You
don’t have to be a member to attend.)

Bring the family; let us chill.

The main event is the meal at 6:30 PM on Saturday, August 15. Come early if
you want to play, do camp
cooking or other preparation. A charcoal
grill and charcoal will be available, fired up around 6:00. Dutch oven cooking
welcomed. There is a stove/ oven and microwave
available at the house to warm up hot foods.
For food safety, keep hot
foods hot; keep cold foods/salads on ice until we eat. Plates, napkins, cups,
and plastic ware will
be provided.

Come earlier to fish, swim and, most
important, chill out. I will be there by
mid-morning, so come any time.

What you need to bring:

ï Your chair

* What you want to grill for meat.

ï Food dish to share, cooler, beer, wine,
other beverages as desired for you, family, to share.

ï It could be hot. If you want to wade or swim, bring river
shoes. It is shallow next to the property.
Children need lifejackets and
your supervision.

ï Fishing gear, if you want to fish. There is deeper water on the other
side of
the river next to the cliff and good riffle fishing above and below the
property, within 100 yards.

ï Weather permitting, we will locate in the
bottom next to the river, which is behind the house.

Directions
from Abingdon: Main Street, Rite Aid, take RT. 19/ALT 58 West; go approx. 7.5
miles, cross the bridge of North Fork Holston River; get in the left lane and
if there is no
traffic behind you, take the first left (Cross Lane). This connects to the
Mendota Road; turn
left. On the left, 5th
house. It has tan vinyl siding and a red
metal roof. (Walk around to the left of
the house to get to the river bottom.) It
is approx. ½ mile from the four lane. If
you miss the first left, go past the waste transfer station and turn left onto
Mendota Road.

Directions
from Hansonville: Proceed East on RT 19/ALT
58 into Washington County. At the bottom
of the long hill, turn right onto Mendota Road.
The right turn is just past the slate gravel pit. Look for the house as
described above.

*NOTE
TO CAMPERS: You are welcome to camp the entire weekend. (I have requested the
neighbor to end playing
horseshoe at 11pm and keep his dog contained that has peed on tents.) The
campsite is right by the river. A port-a-john has been ordered, OMB is
paying
50%, and I will accept donations to help cover the costs.

óóA designated driver is recommended (follow club policy). óó

Contact:
Joseph Wentz joseph_wentz@xxxxxxxxxxx
(underscore between names) 276-889-2741