[OMB] May 11 Club-Only comp with Stouts and Bocks

  • From: Bennett Cowan <bennettcowan48@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: overmountainbrewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 19:12:54 -0400

OK, a bit of a heads-up, and questions about where we go next:

Spoke at length with Annette Estes, co-owner of State Line Bar about our
proposed comp at their site--she is totally in support and seemed genuinely
interested in making it a success, so all we need are details for both
parties to proceed.  Here are a few questions that we need to answer  (as
best as possible)!

What time to start on Saturday morning?  I would suggest 8 AM, in case
there are tables to move / re-arrange, etc.  Judging to start at 8:30 or 9?

What kind of snacky breakfast for judges?  Bagels and cheese seem to be a
recurrent theme at other comps, and although closed on Saturday, Manna
Bagels is down the street.  Someone will need to be in charge of that,
along with OJ, coffee, knives for spreading / cutting, napkins, etc.

How many tables, how many judges, how many beers, how many seats, etc. all
relate to a certain unknown, but I think we should plan on the high side
rather than scramble for extra chairs or tables early in the morning.

Lunch:  It would be easiest if we had a standard plate for all
concerned--sorry for the vegans and the gluten-intolerant--and a glass of
beer all lined up beforehand.  Back to the numbers expected...but if we say
25 and actually only need 23, the kitchen can adjust.  But not if we say 25
and really need 40 or 10 instead--we'll have to commit to a minimum number
for it to work for the kind folks at State Line.

And what time do we plan to finish up?  A clean-up crew to help with tables
and chairs would certainly be helpful for State Line.

Is this something that the Executive Committee wants to sort out?

Let me know what I can do to facilitate, and keep Annette in the loop--she
will keep us from straying too far afield!!  And it is NOT too soon to
plan!!
Ben